Some weeks back, Nigerians were all over the social media speculating that Nollywood actress Tonto Dikeh would be representing the country at this year’s Big Brother 8 which the actress went on twitter to deny.
Well, it is a clear fact that Kenya will be represented by the vivacious model and socialite Huddah ‘Empress’ Monroe and various nude pictures of hers which has splashed all over the internet is an indication of something to look forward to for avid watchers of the Big Brother episodes.
Share this article
Have Your Say
Burkina Faso President Blaise Compaore announced his resignation in a statement on today, October 31 and called for a 90-day transition to "free and transparent" elections in the West African country, local radio and television said.
"I declare a vacancy of power with a view to allowing a transition that should finish with free and transparent elections in a maximum period of 90 days," said the statement, read on local radio and television by presenters.
Lieutenant-Colonel Issaac Zida of the presidential guard had earlier announced Compaore's departure in the central Place de la Nation in Burkina Faso's capital Ouagadougou to cheering from tens of thousands of protesters.
Huge crowds had gathered to demand the president's resignation after a day of violent protests on Thursday.
A heavily armed convoy believed to be carrying Compaore was seen traveling on Friday towards the southern town of Po, near the border with Ghana, two diplomatic sources and local media said
Source: Reutersread more
John Moore the world’s most famous Father Christmas face who starred in festive Coca-Cola adverts, has died.
The 86 year old famous TV Santa Claus who worked as a taxi driver and barman when not doing adverts was said to have been married but his wife died ten years ago – The couple did not have children.
His funeral is being held in Burgess Hill, Sussex, UK today.read more
The Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II, paid a visit to Nigeria’s President, Goodluck Jonathan in Aso Rock and reportedly apologized for past actions, in a bid to bury the hatchet.
It should be recalled that the relationship between them took a different turn when Sanusi was suspended as the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria by the President owing to what was termed “financial recklessness.”
According to a Presidential source, Sanusi utilized the opportunity of the meeting on Thursday to apologise to the President and also to voice his support to the present administration.
He said, “Sanusi during his visit to the President today(Thursday) apologised to the President.
“He actually told the President that all his previous actions against him (the President) were based on misinformation.
“He then promised that going forward, he would be supporting the President and the present administration.”
After it has been confirmed that he would be returning as the Super Eagles coach, interim manager Amodu Shaibu believes that it is best Stephen Keshi sees through Nigeria's qualifying matches for the 2015 African Nations Cup tournament.
Reports emerged on Thursday that Keshi has been brought back to manage the Super Eagles national team,just two weeks after he was sacked by the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF).
And Amodu who was temporarily drafted in to replace Keshi said, admitted that the time was even too short for him to conjure up something for the Super Eagles, adding that it was best Keshi finishes up the job he started.
“Following wide consultations that I have carefully made within the past two weeks since the appointment, and for the sake of professionalism, I want to specially appeal to you to reconsider the matter and allow Keshi to finish the project that he has started – the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying race.
“Sir, my opinion also is that the time –frame is too short to start tinkering with the fabric of the team or attempt to build a new team altogether.
“As Technical Director of the NFF, I am ready and willing to help build a better relationship among Keshi (with whom I have enjoyed good working relationship in the past and who is still very close to me), the players and the NFF Technical Committee.
“I am assuring you, Mr. President(Amaju Pinnick) that I will offer whatever assistance required by Keshi and his crew for the remaining two matches, and also be there to offer advice, suggestions and efforts towards building a stronger Super Eagles’ team after the qualifying race.”read more
A bomb blast at the Central Park in Cross, Gombe, Gombe state, has resulted in the death of “many people”, a senior State Security Service (SSS) official has confirmed to The Cable.
He said the blast happened at about 9:30am.
“They left the bomb inside one of the vehicles at the park”, he said.
“The blast went off at about 9:30am. Up till now, we don’t know the number of people. But it is a very busy park, so many people will die in such a bomb blast.”
He also said officials of the Nigerian army, the police (led by its commissioner) and National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) had arrived the scene to cordon it off and begin rescue operations.
A NEMA official who spoke with TheCable from the scene of the blast said more than 30 people had died, as at the first count.
“I have counted more than 30 dead bodies, but the death toll is likely to rise,” the official said, before asking for permission to continue with rescue operations.
Source: thecable.ngread more
Receive our newsletter
to your inbox weekly
You can only have maximum of 20 featured posts, uncheck checked posts to accommodate more from the featured post page
You can only have maximum of 3 featured videos, uncheck checked videos to give room for more
You can only have maximum of 10 featured posts, uncheck checked posts to accommodate more from the featured post page